Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Warm Spring Day

Today is usually warm, the temperature is close to 80. My little grandson is home sick with us today. He had his first throat culture today & let's just say it caused a nasty reaction. While Mason was napping, I walked around the yard, looking at all the flowers. It reminded me of 1987, the year my son was born. That year we also had an early Spring. Where I was living had a huge beautiful magnolia tree in the yard. It had completely bloomed that year, before St Patrick's Day. My son was born on St Patrick's Day, an unusually warm day that year. That night, there was a big thunderstorm. The lights even went out in the old St Mary's Hospital. And following the thunderstorm were very cold temperatures. I hope this early Spring in not a repeat of 1987.







1 comment: