Monday, January 19, 2015

B is for Beautiful

My mom called me and asked I come get my dollhouse. My dad built it for me in 1975. He spent many hours working on it, after he finished his work day. It has hardwood floors and tile floor in the bathroom and kitchen. He wallpapered the walls and even laid a parkay floor in the foyer. The roof was made from strawberry containers. My dad cut and stained each one of them. This dollhouse was one of my most treasured Christmas gifts.

What a gorgeous day we had here in Mid Missouri. Temperatures about 60 degrees followed by an incredible sunset!
One of my cats looking at the house. The grass area is bleached out. 

My kids did a number on the house. There were working lights in it at one time. My mom said the piano hadn't worked for years. When I was carrying the house, it began to play. 



2 comments: