Sunday, April 15, 2012

KC Trip

My son and I headed to Kansas City this past Friday. He's has landed a good job just over the border in Kansas City, Kansas. We were on a mad search to find him a place to live ASAP. It was the only weekend he has open between this weekend and the first day of his job. Friday we only got into see one apartment complex. They were on 8th and Walnut. I have to admit I wasn't thrilled with the area. Then we went to look at a place called Cold Storage and it as down on 3rd street. Scary!  Saturday morning we hit the ground running. We saw 2 by the plaza, nixed the next one, checked out a loft at 16th and Walnut and then the Roanoke ones. He liked the loft but we had an issues with them leasing to someone else, even though we gave them a check to hold it so he settled on the Roanoke. I like the area of the Roanoke the best. Close to the plaza and Westport.
I'm sad to see my son move away but I'm only 2 hours or so away. And what a great place to visit.

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard to let them go, isn't it? He'll be fine and you are obviously very proud of him!

    Yes, that barn house is Dan and Carrie's. They are friends of my daughter and her husband, Tessa and Bill Scheperle. You might know them? It is such a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest son lived and went to school in the KC area for a couple of years. There are definitely some areas that are nice than others. I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete