Tuesday, January 23, 2018

New machine

I have been working on a baby quilt and I even appliqued little hearts on it! I am notorious for forgetting to change my feet on my machine. I almost always use my 1/4" seam allowance foot. But when appliqueing, I need a different foot on it. Needless to say, last Friday I did it again.
I find a needle in my desk drawer & stuck it on. I tried a couple times to applique but the needle hit the foot & an error message/alarm goes off. After a couple failed attempts I switched needles & it snapped another needle. That was it for me. I loaded up the Bernetta 92c & off I went to Top Stitch, out by Versailles, MO.
When I arrived, a young Mennonite girl greets me. I tell her I am there to get my machine worked on. I fill out the tag & wander over to the used machines. I see newer Bernetta, a few other newer machines and then I see the Bernina 440 QE. I have wanted one for years! Another Mennonite girl comes over & I ask about it & she explains how nice it is. The owner of Top Stitch comes out. We discuss price. I remind him I bought my Bernetta from him, brand new & was looking to trade up. We strike a deal & I come home with the Bernina!
I cant believe how nice & smooth it sews. Or how I sewed with the old one that many years! I am so happy with my new machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment