Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The sewing machine

Yesterday I went over to my mom's. My dad passed away last September & it is coming up on his birthday later this month. My mom suggested lunch & while we were out she tells me about an antiques dealer she met. My mom has been decluttering her home, my dad was a pack rat, & making some money in doing so. She starts to tell me all the things she is getting rid of & mentions a sewing machine. I stopped her & said what, sewing machine? My mom tells me it was her grandmother's & my mom used it in sewing class in school. She says she will show it to me when we get back to her house.
We get to the basement, she takes off the wooden lid & I gasp! I tell my mom I will pay her for it, being the antiques lady was really interested in it. My mom said that will be my payment for watching her dogs & cats when she goes on vacation.
I am over the moon about this machine. My mom & her family are not the antiques loving type. Very into the newest trends. For this sewing machine, to have made it, without being purged is a miracle. I am beyond thrilled to have my great grandma's sewing machine. It means so much to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment